The Southeastern Greyhound Club (SEGC) sponsors a variety of activities designed to allow members to have fun with their Greyhounds and enjoy fellowship with other owners:
- Its own all-volunteer adoption group, Southeastern Greyhound Adoption (SEGA)/Greyhound Pets of America-Atlanta, staffed entirely by SEGC members and friends, and a chapter of the Greyhound Pets of America (GPA).
- An active program in lure coursing, an amateur field trial sport in which Greyhounds and other sighthound breeds chase a plastic lure that simulates the path of a rabbit on the run.
- Competition in agility events. This is an exercise in athleticism as well as hound-owner communication.
- A pet therapy program, where members visit nursing homes and assisted living centers with their hounds. We aim to provide the residents with canine companionship and the well-known therapeutic effect that such companionship provides.
- The opportunity to take part in our Greysitting Exchange! You'll never again have to worry about putting your Greyhound in a Greyhound-friendly environment when you travel.
In addition to our regularly scheduled activities, the Club holds several special "big events" each year, such as an all-day GreyFest gathering of hounds and humans and a Greyhound Gala during the holiday season.