> Running Mates
Running Mates is a program designed to:
- Provide new adopters with an experienced Greyhound owner for post-adoption support;
- Create a "friendly face" for new adopters that will:
- Welcome new Greyhound owners to many of the benefits and events SEGC offers;
- Reach out to their Running Mate to invite them to events and
- Look for their Running Mate at events to introduce them to
other SEGC/SEGA individuals to help build and support club
Running Mates volunteers are expected to:
- Contact their Running Mate within three days of being assigned to introduce themselves; and
- Try to stay in occasional contact with their Running Mate and invite them to a couple of events and/or meetings they are planning to attend.
Other information about the program:
- To be a Running Mate, you need to have owned an adopted Greyhound for at least one year;
- We will provide new adopters with a brief explanation sheet in their adoption packet letting them know that they
will be assigned a Running Mate for additional support. This
way they will be expecting a call; and
- If your Running Mate is experiencing significant
behavioral or transition issues, please have them contact our
adoption support coordinator, Jen Bachelor, for additional support.
To those who have volunteered to be Running Mates, thanks for volunteering! Running Mates is a great way to help SEGC/SEGA and meet other great people that also love Greyhounds! Enjoy the program and the friendships it can help form.
If you are interested in being a Running Mate or want more information, contact SEGA's volunteer chair, Eda Holt.